Photo courtesy of Jesse Beck, taken at Long Lake near Republic.
Summer is not the only great time to visit Republic and the surrounding areas of Ferry County and Okanogan County. Winter is an enchanting time to visit – while the big crowds of tourists are waiting until next spring and summer. Here are some tips for visiting our beautiful area and taking in the best of what we have to offer:
THINGS TO DO
- We have a full list of things to do year round on this page. Birding, hunting, tours, horseback riding and more!
- For more details on the surrounding area outside Republic, visit FerryCounty.com. There’s additional lodging information, things to do and so much more!
- Local Winter Events: Join us for Winterfest, brewery trivia and live music all winter – view all the area events on our Events Calendar page here
- Like our page and stay up to date on Facebook!
TRAVELING TO REPUBLIC
- Republic can be accessed from many roads. Check out the Google Map here to find your best route.
- You may end up traveling over Sherman Pass, Boulder Pass and Wauconda Pass to get here. For pass reports, check out the WSDOT website.
- Visit our Maps page for all the information you need to make the most of your trip to Eastern Washington!
- Visit the local newspaper’s Facebook page, The Ferry County View, for Traffic Advisories and other news alerts about the area. Or visit their website here.